Wednesday, December 10, 2014

“I Don’t WANT to Drive!”

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.”  Galatians 2:20 NASB


My youngest son is two years old.  While hurriedly getting the kids in the car recently my wife set the two year old on the driver’s seat while attending to the other three children.  The two year old immediately began to wail, “BUT I DON’T WANT TO DRIVE THE CAR!”  Faced with this impossible task caused him to cry out.  It is much the same with our lives.  We often think the Lord has placed us in the driver’s seat of our lives and we cry: “This is too much, I don’t want to drive!” More frequently we think we can drive and get ourselves into even more trouble.  This is because we were never meant to drive the car of our lives.  We are meant to rest in Christ, and our position in Him.  We are meant to rely upon His resources and respond to His provision and loving guidance.  May we all be so wise as my two year old son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment