Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Superman

I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion…
By me kings reign,
And rulers decree justice.
By me princes rule, and nobles,
All the judges of the earth.
I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me.
Proverbs 8:12, 15-18

One of the best known fools of all time suggested that there is a separate morality that applies to those who would be the “supermen” of society.  These “supermen” are able to bend and even break the common wisdom and morality of God to achieve the best final end for the collective whole.  This idea was examined in the book Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky.  In this book a man, who thought himself to be the “superman”, violated the clear wisdom and morality of God for what seemed to be the greater good (and his own greatest good, not surprisingly).  The rest of this stunning novel displays how the foolishness of man in imagining that he could rewrite God’s wisdom to attain a better and quicker end was pride and leads only to destruction.  God’s wisdom is universally applicable.  Whether in the workplace, in church, at home, in governing nations and in governing dog kennels.  God’s wisdom is without exception and violation of His perfect character is never a “shortcut” but only ever a path to destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment