Monday, January 4, 2010

Changes


How many years have we been walking this road? It was in the 5th grade that I first remember wanting to be a pastor. It is strange to think that I have pursued opportunity after opportunity since then. Serving in Young Life, serving in a number of churches. I love the Lord, I love His church here on earth. I love to teach His word, that by it we all may grow! I'm not sure what to expect. There is a sense of absolute rapture combined with a wonderful hint of, "What am I getting myself in to?"

The concern has been eased by the reception this little intimate church has given us. People who are caring deeply for each other with the love of Christ. I have already seen such love and concern that I can only get more excited about what is yet to come. What a wonderful little secret this body seems to be. These gathered by the love of the Lord in unpretentious, worship and celebration of our amazing Savior, this is how lives are changed. As I pray over the names each day I feel so honored to tread this ground where so many saints have gone before. I am so excited to be used of the Lord in this place. I am comforted by the fact that HE is able. HE is the way, the truth and the life. I am so excited to spend another day pointing towards Him.

If you think of it, dear reader, say a prayer for me, and for this body. Pray that we would see Jesus and that He would live His life out in us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I will be praying and praying with JOY in my little pink heart!

    ReplyDelete