Monday, April 4, 2011

Who is in View?

Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2
I was talking to one of my dearest friends, who spent some time as a waiter. This man could balance 4 plates (with full servings of food) on one arm and a big tray of food and drinks in the other. It was quite an impressive feat! When I asked him how he did it he replied, "I couldn't do it until I stopped looking at the plates, and my arms, and just looked at where I was going. As long as I keep my eyes locked on my destination the plates and drinks never spill." Undoubtedly, each of our lives is something of a balancing act, when we attend to each of the individual issues everything has a tendency to spiral out of control. However, if we fix our eyes on Jesus, and not on our problems, our fears, or relationships, everything else falls into perspective.

3 comments:

  1. What a good story! It's so easy to watch the plates instead of He who is up ahead. (BIG HUG and LOVE LOVE LOVE!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent word picture!
    I'm going to read more of your posts.

    Thanks,
    Jody (a friend of Pom Pom Mom)

    ReplyDelete