Sunday, December 2, 2018

Going to Christmas

From Family Advent: Celebrating the Journey Toward Christmas

Scripture reading – Isaiah 11:1-10; Luke 1:26-38

Devotion
Christmas is a special time of anticipation.  It seems as soon as autumn sets in our minds begin to drift towards Christmas day.  We may look forward to the songs or to the lights and decorations.  We may look forward to the exchange of gifts, or holiday parties.  We may even spend a sweet moment anticipating a Christmas meal shared with loved ones.  Whatever we look forward to each holiday season it is a time to remember that Jesus Christ, the long-promised Messiah was anticipated for thousands of years.  As soon as sin entered the world the Lord made the promise of the coming Savior (Genesis 3:15).  From that day forward men and women who trusted God longed to see His provided Savior.  For years they waited, hoped and prayed and then Jesus came to the earth.  Simeon – a man who longed to see the Savior prayed this prayer of joy when he first saw the baby Jesus:

29"Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace,
According to Your word;
30For my eyes have seen Your salvation,
31Which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples,
32A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES,
And the glory of Your people Israel."
Luke 2:29-32 NASB

3 comments:

  1. So good. So good. I like preparing for the birth of Jesus WITH you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's light today! Light everywhere! Are you going to blog every day? I'd love to put you on my list. I love you so very much, my sweet son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I just might! I would love to be on your list! ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete