Monday, May 23, 2011

Lover of the Lost

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
2Peter 3:9

Jesus loves the lost. The Lord's heart for the lost is clearly stated in Scripture (Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:16; Romans 5:8). In order to reach them He is doing amazing things. He draws all people (John 12:32). His Holy Spirit convicts all of sin (John 16:8). He desires that none would perish (2 Peter 3:9). He has given all the witness of His amazing, ordered, beautiful creation (Romans 1:20). Along with all of the other amazing things that He has done to call the lost to Himself, there is at least one other thing. This is a remarkable comfort to those of us who care for the lost who are in our lives. He has placed Himself in their lives, personally and undeniably...in you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brad M!
    This made me consider the lost ones that I am around every day. I shall see them with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome thought Brad, thank you for reminding me.

    Would you pray for my brothers who don't yet know the Lord? I'd be so grateful, their names are Andrew and David. Thank you. :)

    ~ Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I most certainly will, Tina. I was just reading Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret and how the prayers of his sister and mother were instrumental in bringing him to a loving relationship with his Lord. We will pray the same for Andrew and David.

    ReplyDelete