Sunday, October 30, 2011

True Love


Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 1 John 5:1

I love my children.  I am enamored with them.  I love them when they please me and when they upset me.  I don't love them for what they do, I love them for who they are.  When we look at our brothers and sisters in Christ we are often tempted to think about all of the reasons we love them.  We love them because they encourage us, bless us. Perhaps we are even tempted to love them less when they cost us something, or hurt us.  The true love between believers is rooted and grounded in Christ.  We love each other, not for what we do for each other, but for what Christ has begotten in each of us.  That is the love of Christ - pure, unconditional and undefiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment