Monday, November 28, 2011

Anticipation


Turning to the disciples, He said privately, "Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see, for I say to you, that many prophets and kings wished to see the things which you see, and did not see them, and to hear the things which you hear, and did not hear them." 
Luke 10:23-24

Each year I anticipate my first glass of eggnog.  So creamy, rich and smooth.  I go out and buy a quart of it the minute I find it has hit the shelves.  It matters little that I have never (to date) had a second glass from the quart of this holiday beverage, as it really too rich for me.  I throw it away every December 28th, knowing full well that I will be bursting with anticipation next November 15th when it hits the shelves again.  Certainly, it is a silly example of anticipation, yet how tremendous the anticipation of the event that we are celebrating.  To think of the generations of people that waited with eager longing, waiting for the Messiah to come.  Spend time this Christmas season in thankful adoration of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment