Monday, January 2, 2012

Knowing and Knowing About


That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 
Philippians 3:10 NASB

I enjoy biographies.  Reading about the lives of people who changed history.  Learning about their habits, actions, idiosyncrasies, and abilities simply fascinates me.  However, as much as I can know about a person in a biography I will never know them through such reading. Through our faith, through reading the Bible, through prayer and through Christian fellowship, we are not just learning about God, we are coming to know God.  This is all given in Scripture in the context of relationship.  Knowing Him as the Shepherd, The Savior, Friend, Master, Bridegroom and Father.  May this year be marked by more intimately knowing the God who knows us perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment