Sunday, March 18, 2012

Whiter than Snow


Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7

Some of my fondest memories involve snow.  I remember when my parents got a puppy for Christmas one year.  I remember romping in the snow with a new dog.  I remember the first year April and I were married we got stuck in a snowstorm that shut the city down and we got to spend an entire week together without any interruption whatsoever.  However, the most noteworthy thing that comes to mind in fresh snowfall is how pure and clean everything looks.  When the sun shines it can be too brilliant to look upon.  This is how clean we are in Christ, how complete His justification.  It is not only forgiveness, it is a complete cleansing and gift of His righteousness.  All by grace, through faith.

1 comment:

  1. Hard to take it in sometimes, we are completely clean and can't do anything to improve on that brilliant whiteness. Wow!

    ReplyDelete