Sunday, April 15, 2012

Joyous Anticipation


Come, let us sing to the Lord; let us shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation. Psalm 95:1

Our children wake up each morning with an overwhelming excitement and anticipation for the day ahead.  Of the 500 questions I field before 7:15 in the morning one of the early ones is always, "What do we get to do today?"  For these sweet little children there is no question that each day holds endless potential for fun and opportunity to do the many things that they enjoy.  Sadly, as we age those simple joys of waking up and facing a new day seem to get old, or become common place.  However, we don't have to lose that sense of wonder and hope.  It is found in a relationship with the Living Lord.  We can wake each morning with that same sensation knowing that our Father has much in store for us with each passing day.  Let us meet that with joyful singing and shouting to the Rock of our salvation!

1 comment:

  1. So true, Brad! Sorry I missed you with Facetime. I had to set it up on my phone, so that's done now. I am still learning.
    I love you and I'll try to call you tonight after choir. That is if I can stay awake long enough to get a little grading done.

    ReplyDelete