Sunday, May 6, 2012

"Just leave me alone, okay?"


Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. 
1 Thessalonians 5:11

"Just leave me alone, okay?"  My friend had walked up to me in the midst of a hard week.  The only response I had left for him was to turn around and walk away.  On top of the unfavorable events of the week another brother in the Lord had heard about my problem and preached at me which just increased my foul disposition.  I wasn't in any mood for another sermon.  However, this friend persisted.  He sat down next to me and carefully drew out the problem.  He listened and responded sympathetically.  Then he gave some great advice that turned the whole week around.  Thinking about it later I realized that both friends gave identical advice, but only one had the time to listen before giving it. 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to have to listen to the advice of others, especially when we are really not in the mood for it! You were wise to take counsel. I pray you have a better week this week. God bless.

    ReplyDelete