Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fear and Trust


The fear of man brings a snare,
But he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted.
Proverbs 29:25

I do sometimes wonder what it must be like to be an NFL quarterback.  Just to think that someone is going to hand me a little ball and then about half of the 200 pound guys are going to try to run into me until I get rid of that ball.  I think I would be tempted to just give it back to the guy who handed it to me!  We often see quarterbacks make mistakes when the offense breaks through the line.  The best quarterbacks seem to find a solution even under pressure.  In the tough moments fear based decisions are mostly poor ones.  In our lives fearing people (and circumstances) is a continual trap.  However, when we trust the Lord we realize that our fears are always misplaced.  What can man do to those who are in the hands of the living God?

1 comment: