Sunday, August 19, 2012

Strength and Weakness


And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 NASB 

Many Christians have the attitude that God is lucky to have them with all of their strength, skills and abilities.  Often times our delusions of our own capability gives us the feeling that God some how needs us.  D.L Moody wrote: "For instance, a man may say, 'I have no strength.' Let him turn to Romans 5:6. 'For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.'  It is because we have no strength that we need Christ.  He has come to give strength to the weak." (The Way to God).  Don't be afraid to be weak today, that you may rely on the God whose strength is made perfect in weakness.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord's been revealing this truth to me. Thank you for sharing it so elegantly, Brad.

    ReplyDelete