Sunday, November 4, 2012

Where does my help come from?

I will lift up my eyes to the hills - From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2 Whenever I hear this verse my thoughts are always directed to the beautiful mountains of Colorado. I think of the amazing Mountain-Maker who has taken responsibility for my care. However, when David looked up towards the mountains he saw the "high places" of the pagan systems of worship. These verses were written as an open refutation of trusting in any of the false gods of the pagans. Of all of the things that man longs to worship and trust in only the Lord is worthy of our praise, worship and preoccupation. When we look to the mountains in amazement may we always remember the One who made the mountains.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a good post, Brad. I don't want to settle for idols and false joys. Thank you! (I love you!)

    ReplyDelete