Sunday, January 27, 2013

Life to the Fullest


"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. - John 10:10 NASB

My standing picture of "abundance" is the Thanksgiving feast table growing up.  More food than all the guests could eat in three meals.  Overflowing off of the table to the point where it is difficult to find a place to squeeze the plates in.  When Christ says that He came that we would have abundant life I believe that He meant the full, overflowing, gracious and loving life that flows out of who we are in Him.  Yet, too seldom do I see in my days His abundant life.  It is easy to be distracted from Him Who is the source.  Easy to have the abundance of His life-gift fettered by fears, selfishness or sin in some other form.  I hope this week I choose to look to the Author of life, for what He alone has given - what He alone can give.  By His grace He has given it it immeasurable quantity to all who have trusted in Jesus Christ.  A life that is fully free to love, forgive, be hurt and rejoice in all things (even trials).  That is what I want this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment