Thursday, January 15, 2015

Seeking Seriously

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 NASB

I generally put my keys down in the same place, along with my wallet and my phone.  Yet it never fails that when I am in a hurry, or going somewhere important, one of these three vital items will go missing.  Then the mad search begins.  I rely upon these three items to go most anywhere - when they are missing I search with a fury and desperation virtually unknown in the rest of my life.  God tells us what He desires from mankind.  He desired it from Adam and Eve, from Abraham,from the children of Israel and He desires it from us.  That we would understand how much He loves us, how much we need Him and then seek Him accordingly.  When we know how much we are loved, and how great our need, we will seek Him with our intellect, or emotions, and our volition.  

2 comments: