Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Wisdom - Saving Lives

My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;
For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you.
Proverbs 3:1-2

I could not count the time that wisdom has saved my life.  Wisdom was what let me know when to cross the street safely.  Wisdom is what taught me to use a harness when climbing over a 40 foot drop.  Wisdom is what taught me to tread carefully when my wife tells me that nothing is wrong when something clearly is wrong.  These verses are not a guarantee that every person who learns and applies wisdom will have peace and long life.  It is a guarantee that apart from God’s wisdom there is no hope for peace and long life.  The three above examples are rather obvious, but the principle is firm.  It is the sad reality of my life that almost every problem I have is one that I have made for myself by my own pride and foolishness.  When we take responsibility for our failures and shortcomings in wisdom and change our mind, deciding instead to make wise choices things shockingly move much smoother for us.  This is, of course, only truly possible as we walk in the moment by moment fellowship with our Lord Jesus Christ. 

1 comment: