Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I Just Don't Like That Guy

Do not strive with a man without cause,
If he has done you no harm.
Proverbs 3:30


“I just don’t like him…”  These words have passed my lips more times than I am comfortable admitting.  It is a false “get out of jail free card” when I am threatened by someone or feel ill at ease around someone.  Because of the presence of Sin in our lives we will often find ourselves unable to be naturally at peace with those around us. Often times this occurs for no discernible reason.  These situations are either a blessing or a curse.  They are a curse if we allow ourselves to hide in our prideful self-delusion.  Should we choose to unjustly strive with those people in our lives.  This is especially the case  when they have done us no real wrong.  Yet they are the greatest blessing if we allow ourselves to honestly look to the reality that we feel threatened or uneasy and place our need before the Lord.  The striving that comes forth from sin only brings greater light to the fact that I am trying to find my peace, comfort and confidence in myself rather than the Lord Who alone makes me worthy to stand before Him.

1 comment: