Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Growing Faith

Famed evangelist D.L. Moody once said: “I prayed for faith and thought that some day faith would come down and strike me like lightning. But faith did not seem to come. One day I read in the tenth chapter of Romans, “Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.” I had up to this time closed my Bible and prayed for faith. I now opened my Bible and began to study, and faith has been growing ever since.”

This may sound like a mystical miracle, but the process is simple.  Faith is trust or belief in something.  Faith can be placed in a person, an object or an idea.  God has given us the ability to choose where we will place our faith.  It is easy to trust in an old friend because you know his faithfulness.  It is in the Word of God that we see why God is worthy of our trust and our faith grows naturally.  We see God’s character, His plan, and His power and our natural inclination to trust Him increases. 


If you would see your faith to grow,
It’s to the Bible you must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment