Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Omnipresence


7Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
9If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You. Psalm 139: 7-12

As a child I distinctly remember being separated from my mother in a department store.  Surrounded by racks of clothing that obscured my view I raced through one aisle after another…hoping to find my mother again.  As tears filled my eyes I wondered how my mother had gotten so far out of sight.  Then I heard her call my name.  I couldn’t see her for the height of the racks…but she could see me.  I thought I was lost, but I was never for a moment out of her caring and protective gaze.  So, David relates the great comfort of knowing that whether we are in the deepest jungle, or in our own comfortable homes – the Lord knows right where we are…because He is right there with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment