Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer has Arrived



While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease" Genesis 8:22

Summer is upon us. For some reason I cannot help feeling sentimental regarding the change of the seasons. It seems whenever it has been cold for a while I am ready for it to warm up. I look forward to summer's long sunny days, fishing trips, camping trips, bike rides. I love the smell of of freshly cut grass and colorful flowers. There is so much in each season to appreciate and enjoy. These seasonal changes will even go forward into the Reign of Christ, they are a part of the creation He made. And in each season we get new opportunities to behold His faithfulness and love. As summer wears on and the sunshine continues to bless us we can be constantly mindful that we are loved by our Father and He has made it evident to us that "...He exists and rewards those who earnestly seek Him." I am thankful that we could all be out in the summer enjoying His continued faithfulness and care for us, and resting in His sovereign plan for the future of this planet and all eternity beside. Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm sorry I was in class when you stopped by today. I hope the zoo was fun! I love you!

    ReplyDelete