Monday, May 16, 2011

Soil Check

"Behold, a sower went out to sow." Matthew 13:3b

Today I got to spend most of the day in the garden. Most of my time was spent working different soils. The soil in the far back was hard, thick clay which I broke up with a shovel, and water to softened it. On the side of the yard I spent some good time digging weeds out (all the way to the root, thank you!). In the front planter box, the soil had dried out completely and had almost become sand, so I lovingly massaged in water and more good soil. The real delight was the planter box! I got to plant that with brand new, fresh and springy potting soil. Naturally my thoughts drifted to the parable of the soils (Matt. 13:3-9). How's your soil?

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one! I'm not sure what kind of soil I am, I'll have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this, Brad. I read it in your newsletter, too. I think you are a true hobbit. I love you.

    ReplyDelete