Monday, June 20, 2011

Remain Seated

"even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus... (Ephesians 2:4-5)

"Please remain seated until the ride comes to a full and complete stop." Boomed the voice overhead as the roller coaster eased its way into the station. I had my doubts as to whether I would be able to get up once the safety restraints were removed. The roller coaster had spun, slammed, whirled and twisted so quickly that all sense of gravity was ripped from me, leaving me quite dazed. I could call it "fun" because there was a safety restraint holding me. Were I to be responsible to hold myself in the cart it would cease to be fun and be only horrible, terrifying and likely fatal. Our relationship with Christ is similar. If we remember in Whom we are seated we can enjoy the ride in faith that we will ultimately arrive at the destination He has set out for us - being conformed to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29). Remain seated in Christ this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment