Monday, September 19, 2011

Looking Past It


Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith...
Hebrews 12:2ab

In 4th grade we were taught how to juggle.  I worked hard to get proficient at it: practicing at home, reading books, and watching instructional movies.  The real breakthrough came when I realized where I was looking.  I had been trying to focus on each ball individually as I threw and caught.  Being unable to focus on more than one thing at once failure was inevitable.  I learned that if I focused on a still point past the balls I could keep them in the air with relative ease.  Focusing on our individual problems and situations causes everything else to tumble.  As we focus on Christ, in whom we are seated, He is able to do all things through us!

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. When I look back on some of the stressful times in my life, I realise that I was utterly focused on the problem rather than handing it to the Lord. The hard times I've had when I've been able to surrender it all to Him have been the times when I've been most peaceful. Great comparison with juggling, Brad. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new visitor and follower. Thank you for sharing your insights. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Tina! You are a great encouragement to me!
    Also, welcome Karen! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete