Sunday, February 12, 2012

Information Overload


Be still, and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations, 
I will be exalted in the earth! 
Psalm 46:10 NKJV

Our society has no shortage of information.  Television, radio, internet and movies provide moment by moment updates on anything and everything that happens.  Furthermore, between phone calls, emails and text messages we are rarely out of reach by anyone and everyone.  It has been said that there is more information in one Sunday edition of the New York Times than people of previous generations would receive in their entire lives.  It is easy to be overcome by the information that comes charging into our lives through every available outlet. More than ever believers need to take time to be still.  Disconnect from the stream of information and know the character of the God who saved us and loves us.  

2 comments:

  1. So true. Sometimes I "fast" from the internet and the media, it's good to quiet my mind and escape from information overload.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I think I need more separation from the masses of screaming media messages in the world!

      Delete