Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ambassadors

"Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20 My wife and I lived in South Korea for about a year and a half. A South Korean friend once told me, "You completely changed my view of Americans. I had some bad experiences and I thought that was just how Americans were, but since I met you I had to change my perception completely." I took this as a great compliment. Most unbelievers have a certain perception and expectation of "Christians". They may have built these prejudices from the media, from what someone else has said, or from personal experiences. With every day we have an opportunity as ambassadors for Christ to show the life, love, grace and truth found in the Lord Jesus Christ. This is only possible, however, as we rest in Jesus Christ and abide in His life. Part of the Lord's work in us on this planet is to let others see the Person, character and life of Jesus Christ in us.

1 comment:

  1. These are good and true words, my Brad!
    YOU are a good friend, a good traveler, and a precious soul. I love you!

    ReplyDelete