Sunday, March 3, 2013

Smelling the Roses



O Lord, You are my God.  I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, For You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. Isaiah 25:1 NKJV

It shouldn't be hard to stop and "smell the roses", but it is.  If it were something that came naturally we probably wouldn't have an expression for it.  It is a great challenge to take a moment to appreciate the many wonderful blessings in our lives.  Be it family, friends, physical provision or even just appreciating the simple pleasures of a good book (or a good cup of coffee); taking time to appreciate the blessings in our lives is invaluable.  Yet, all of the blessings we take for granted don't hold a candle to the amazing God we serve.  Isaiah was clearly preoccupied with The Lord when He penned the words recorded in Isaiah 25:1.  Having beheld The Lord in some very special ways throughout his life Isaiah was ready to praise The Lord for His essence, His works and His wisdom.  I notice that when I forget the importance of The Lord and all of His splendor and faithfulness, I then  also begin to overlook all of the other wonderful blessings that He has given to me.  I hope to continue to cultivate an attitude of constant amazement at, and appreciation for, The Lord.  Only then will I correctly understand that He is the source of every blessing and appreciate each treasured relationship and blessing for the gift that it is, and the Giver from Whom it came.  

No comments:

Post a Comment